Our guest today is Bex Grennan who has performed with Hugh Jackman in the Boy from Oz, Grease, Singing in the Rain, and more. Recently she has been helping young dancers and performers with breaking into the always manic and unpredictable entertaining industry.
In this episode Bex talks about:
Working in the entertainment industry
- How building relationships advanced she career
- How she overcame rejection and had the tenacity to keep going and move forward
Definition of discipline
- How valuable is discipline in developing one’s craft
What are some of the mistakes studio owners are making when they’re training and developing their students for a career in the industry?
- How to cope with the demands of the industry
- Building the resilience muscle
- Sharing your journey with someone else
- The success mindset
Practical methods on how to prepare students for success
- Exposure to industry professionals
- Flexibility in allowing students outside of their studio to do extra-curricular activities
Ways to turn student’s bad attitude into positive ones
- Importance of teambuilding and creating rapport
- When to give incentives
Enjoy the podcast here!
Links and resources in this episode: